Morning Power Bar
Power up your morning workout with this healthy power bar.
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tbsp flaxseeds, preferably golden
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 cup unsweetened whole-grain puffed cereal (see Note)
1/3 cup currants
1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup creamy almond butter (see Note)
1/4 cup turbinado sugar (see Note)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch-square pan with cooking spray.
2. Spread oats, almonds, flaxseeds and sesame seeds on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake until the oats are lightly toasted. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cereal, currants, apricots and raisins; toss to combine.
3. Combine almond butter, sugar, honey, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low, stirring frequently, until the mixture bubbles.
4. Immediately pour the almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or spatula until no dry spots remain.
5. Transfer to the prepared pan and press the mixture down firmly to make an even layer.
6. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes
(Makes 8 Bars)
Calories Per 1 Bar Serving: 244 calories